Thursday, October 10, 2019

A PRAYER: "Be His Holy Calm"

I'm told that my friend, Brother Phap Man, may well be arrested today in New York Citiy, as part of the organized resistance to climate change and societal inaction.  He asked for my prayers, and I trust many others will want to join me in holding him and his companions in deep gratitude and peace.  Here's the prayer I've sent along to Brother Phap Man in New York.

Reconciling Spirit of the Wind and Sea,
Resisting Spirit of the Prophets and Dawn,
Renewing Spirit of the Fields and Forests:
Bless your child, your servant, your son.
Anoint his body with balance and strength.
Fill his soul with deep and nurturing peace.

In moments of tension, be his holy calm.
In moments of uncertainty, be his sweet faith.
In moments of risk, be his unwavering hope.

And, through his humble courage,
Sow seeds of love, seeds of blessing, seeds of promise:
For the Community of Life, the One Earth,
And all the beings and lovers and little ones 
Who are and will be at home with us here.
Amen and amen.