Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Matthew 11:28-30

Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, 
and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; 
for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.




















O Jesus, friend in the darkness,
O Jesus, rest for weary souls:
The burden I carry now is heavy, my heart breaks,
And my life, heavy with disappointment,
Is sadness and missed opportunity, stitched up tight.

And still, Jesus, shepherd of these fields,
Your gentle heart opens wide, with welcome
And grace, your hand outstretched
To gather mine in fearless fingers.
Come, you say, you weary soul.

Come, you say.  Today is enough.
This is enough.  Life is enough.

And bitterness yields, in you, to grace.
And regret gives way, at last, to hope.

Come and learn from me.
Come and rest with me.
Come and build on me.
Come and share in me.
Come and live for me.
Come. 

DGJ
2.20.17