Monday, January 14, 2019

Josh Garrels - "Pilot Me"



PILOT ME

I will arise and follow you over
Savior please, pilot me

Over the waves and through every sorrow
Savior please, pilot me

When I have no more strength left to follow
Fall on my knees, pilot me

May your sun rise and lead me on
Over the seas, savior, pilot me

O' Lord

Sunday, January 13:  This song lands like a prayer in the deepest parts of my soul.  "Savior please, pilot me."  In the wilderness I wander now--between sure places, between known futures, between jobs--I trip at times over my own hurried steps, a dozen anxieties like roots in the path.  "Savior please, pilot me."  But I'm coming, slowly perhaps, to appreciate the gifts of this wilderness: the long walks from sustenance to sustenance, the rediscovered poetry of mystics, the questions raised.  The darkness is disorienting, but not final.  The unknowing is fierce, but strangely satisfying.  "Over the waves and through every sorrow / Savior please, pilot me."  For you too, my friend, I pray the assurance of God's guidance, the comfort of Jesus' steady hand.  And when you have no more strength left, fall on your knees.  And surely, there, you will know.